Tuesday, June 10, 2008

1. Front Porch


Washington, D.C. 9pm

I took about 50 photos from my porch during the storm, but only a handful caught the light on the clouds.

That ancient jeep on the left is a neighborhood fixture; it's got a sticker for In 'n' Out Burger on the rear bumper, so I associate it with good stuff in California.

The tree across the street has great texture. I'd never noticed it at all before.

I love the wrought iron on my porch. It's a little bit romantic.

Less than a minute after I took this photo, the hail was coming down so hard it was bouncing into the foyer.

Update: The jeep does NOT have a sticker from In 'n' Out on the bumper. It does, however, have a window sticker in the shape of California (and a bumper sticker for Bertha's Mussels). Apparently, the combination of California and a beat up jeep make me think of In 'n' Out Burger. Not a huge leap, in my opinion. I could go for a Double Double right about now.

No comments: