Saturday, June 14, 2008

5. Sun Slat Portrait


Washington, D.C. 5:30 pm, 6/13/08

I absolutely hate having my photo taken. I'm not photogenic. I have a way of tensing up that always makes one eye look bigger than the other, or like I have no neck, or like a cow chewing cud. So I understand it when other people don't want to have their pictures taken, and I completely understand when they don't like the resulting photos.

So I feel a little bad posting this photo, because the subject didn't like it and won't appreciate it. But I love it. It's really natural and joyful and while my composition leaves something to be desired and her face is a little out of focus, look how happy she is! And the light through the window slats is interesting.

My sincerest apologies to my friend. But I couldn't help it.

1 comment:

Girl1 said...

DAMN YOU, FISHER, DAMN YOU!!!!